The Bold Chapel is at the east end of the north aisle It stands on the same site as the chantry founded by Sir John Bold in 1406 and was rebuilt in 1855 by Willain Culshaw of Liverpool, at the expense of Henry Houghton Esq., a descendant of the Bold family who were the main benefactors of the church over many years.
The chapel contains several interesting memorials to members of the Bold family, some of which were carved by eminent craftsmen. The earliest memorial is a stone effigy of a knight in armour. This was a memorial to Richard Bold, the son of Richard Bold and Anna Legh. He died in1624 at 11 years of age.
Next are the alabaster effigies of Richard Bold who died in 1635 and his Wife Anne Legh, daughter of Sir Peter Legh of Lime. They married in the Bold Chapel in January 1612.
High on the North Chapel wall can be found a mural tablet of the next descendant Richard Bold esq. who died in 1704.
A marble tablet, decorated with an urn and shield, to Peter Bold (died 1762) by Benjamin Bromfield of Liverpool is mounted on the same wall. He was a Tory member of parliament for Lancashire.
Next to this is a memorial to Anna Maria Bold, his daughter, who died in 1813, aged 81, which uses distinctive Anglesey marble, and was created by George Bullock.
The largest monument on this north chapel wall is a memorial to Mary Bold, Princess Sapieha (date about 1825), by the Italian Pietro Tenerani, whose most celebrated work is the tomb of Pope Pius VIII in the Vatican.
On the side next to the nave is the memorial to Peter Patten Bold (date 1822) is by Sir Francis Legatt Chantrey, one of the most eminent sculptors of the Georgian period. It shows a mourning female figure, kneeling at a pedestal.
At the east end of the chapel lies an effigy of Aline Houghton, daughter in law of Sir Henry and Dorothy Bold-Houghton 8th Baronet of Bold. Hanging high up in the Nave are 7 funeral hatchments a legacy surviving from various members of the Bold family.